Households increase their income and financial capability to build a pathway to financial stability.
FINANCIAL SUCCESS CENTER
As part of the Meridian Community Resource Center at the Freehold Raceway Mall, the Financial Success Center provides free, comprehensive resources under one roof to help Monmouth and Ocean County residents move from financial difficulty to economic well-being. Services include job search and career planning, money management tools, financial coaching, tax return preparation, child care resources, home ownership counseling, application assistance for benefits and enrollment in health insurance programs.
- 337 people received one-on-one assistance (households represent 442 adults and 216 children).
- $359,915 in tax refunds/credits.
- $155,436 in annualized monthly benefits/subsidies.
- 461 people attended educational workshops.
Child Care Resources of Monmouth County
Monmouth County Workforce Development Board
Provides employment training and skill development to enhance community employment opportunities, financial stability and independence for people with disabilities.
- 163 people with disabilities participated in job skills development and employment training.
The Arc of Monmouth
The Arc, Ocean County Chapter
New Jersey Institute for Disabilities
FOOD INSECURITY & HOUSING INSTABILITY
Assists households whose members are homeless, at-risk of homelessness and/or food insecure with services to meet their basic immediate needs, connections with community resources and supports to enhance self-sufficiency.
- 6,850 people received food.
- 537 households received housing assistance.
- 107 youth received emergency shelter.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
Caregiver Volunteers of Central Jersey
Family Promise of Southern Ocean County
Ocean Mental Health Services
Ocean’s Harbor House
St. Francis Community Center
EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER PROGRAM (EFSP)
United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties manages EFSP, which allocates federal funds to the community to help those in emergency situations.
- $595,561 was disbursed to 20 nonprofit agencies for utility assistance, food, emergency shelter and rent/mortgage assistance in 2015-2016.
FAMILYWIZE PRESCRIPTION DRUG SAVINGS PROGRAM
Distributing prescription discount cards to local pharmacies, agencies and individuals to assist those in need with their medication costs.
- $609,128 in savings redeemed by Monmouth and Ocean County residents.
GIFT OF WARMTH
United Way of Monmouth and Ocean Counties acts as the fiscal agent for the New Jersey Natural Gas Gift of Warmth program, which helps income-eligible households, as well as customers experiencing temporary or unanticipated financial hardship, pay their natural gas bills.
- $251,124 was distributed to 922 households in Monmouth, Morris, Ocean and Middlesex counties for utility assistance.
Affordable Housing Alliance
Morris County Organization for Hispanic Affairs
New Jersey Natural Gas